You can better understand how a health insurance plan will affect your hospital bill by using the advice below:
- Choose a health care provider that pays for both pre- and post-hospitalisation expenses:
Medical emergencies require more than just hospitalisation to be treated. Pre-hospitalisation evaluations and post-hospitalisation care may be required in specific circumstances. For instance, you must first have a procedure called Angiography in order to determine the number of nerve blockages before being hospitalised for Angioplasty. This pre-hospitalisation medical procedure is being done. After surgery, some medical conditions require ongoing care; this is referred to as post-hospitalisation. If your health insurance policy covers such procedures, you will save money on them. ##
- Keep an eye on your health with free health checks offered by your insurer:
Numerous health insurance providers include wellness or health programmes in their insurance plans. These are useful for keeping track of your most current health condition and spotting trends that could indicate a problem. Some policies, like the employer’s group health insurance policy, provide these services for free. These services assist you in avoiding a medical issue by spotting it early.
- Choose a policy that also pays for alternative therapies:
People frequently choose the branch of medicine known as allopathy. However, receiving treatments like those from homoeopathy, ayurveda, etc., can also be advantageous. Your health insurance plan should pay the costs if you elect to receive treatment at one of these hospitals.
- Save more cash on your room rent:
One of the main components of a hospital bill that raises the total sum is room rent. By choosing the Room Rent Waiver add-on to your health insurance plans for your family, you can lower this expense. By doing this, you can remove or lower the sub-limit on room rent and lower your hospital expense. ##
- Verify that transportation costs are covered by your insurance policy:
When there is a medical emergency, the patient must be moved from one location to another. You can accomplish this by renting an ambulance, but doing so will raise your overall costs. You need to confirm that the insurance policy covers ambulance costs.
- Selecting a daily cash benefit:
When you have a patient to take care of, it is usually a good idea to have some cash available. A health insurance plan with the feature known as Daily Hospital Cash offers this benefit.
- Receive treatment in a network hospital:
You can submit a cashless claim after being admitted to a hospital that is a part of the insurer’s network. The biggest hospital bill reduction you can make is in this area. Under cashless claims, the insurance provider will cover the majority of your hospital bill, leaving you to cover only the deductibles. *
How can I save money after purchasing medical insurance? ##
Here are some tips about how to spend less money after purchasing the various types of health insurance plans:
- Get tax advantage: Section 80D of the Income Tax Act of 1961 provides you with additional tax breaks for purchasing health insurance coverage. Currently, purchasing health insurance coverage is eligible for a tax advantage of up to Rs. 25,000. Additionally, dependent Senior Citizens (parents) who are older than 60 can claim up to Rs. 25,000 in benefits. The tax benefit is subject to change in tax laws. **
- Compare diagnostic test costs: Today, medical testing can be scheduled online. A package of tests is offered by some diagnostic facilities. For instance, a kit for full-body screening is available. It’s a good idea to research prices for these packages online and select the one that is suitable.
* Standard T&C Apply
** Currently, there are 2 tax regimes in India – new and old. To get the tax benefit you desire, choose the correct one after consulting an expert. You can opt for a regime change during the next financial year.
## All savings are provided by the insurer as per the IRDAI-approved insurance plan. Standard T&C apply
Insurance is the subject matter of solicitation. For more details on benefits, exclusions, limitations, terms, and conditions, please read the sales brochure/policy wording carefully before concluding a sale.
Subscribe to Bajaj Allianz General Insurance YouTube Channel here!